Re: *another* MythTV query..

Author: chip33az@netscape.net
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: *another* MythTV query..
I had MythTV working until my tuner card went out. Hauppuage sent me a
new one and I want to start using it again.

I have a PC set up as a server in one room, and I wanted to put a
frontend in the kitchen. I have been looking at the EPIAM1000 and
Morex Case from Logic Supply. I have a drive and memory, so it should
cost around $300.

One option you might look at is SageTV. They have Windows and Linux
software. I tried the Windows 15 day trial and it worked fine. I even
ran the Linux client connecting to the Windows server and that worked
fine as well. They sell a cheap ~$100 front end that hooks up to the
TV. My only complaint about SageTV is that it can't play DVD's to the
clients, otherwise I would have purchased it. You can even connect to
the server over the Internet with their client software.

Food for thought.