Postfix and SMTP authentication headache

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Postfix and SMTP authentication headache
I have a small email server at home for my home network[1]. It uses
Postfix for email processing. It has Squirrelmail on a web server so I
can do email when I am not home. It has worked very well until
yesterday morning.

At some point yesterday Earthlink decided to change something on their
end. I did not change anything on my configurations. Postfix now
cannot send out because it fails authentication with the Earthlink SMTP
server.

Rather than repeat a bunch of stuff here, I point the curious and
helpful to the thread I created in the Clark Connect forums[2]. If
anyone has a clue as to what I am doing wrong, please jump right in!

Alan

[1] It's a Clark Connect server, http://www.clarkconnect.com
[2]
http://www.clarkconnect.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=86853&an=0&page=0#Post86853