Re: firefox configuration - keystroke to toggle graphics on/…

Author: Josef Lowder
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: firefox configuration - keystroke to toggle graphics on/off?
On Wednesday 26 July 2006 03:16 pm, KevinO wrote:
> Josef Lowder wrote:
> > Now, is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle graphics on/off in Firefox?
> >
> > I've done the: Edit > Preferences > Web features > unclick Load Images >
> > OK to turn images and graphics off ... but it sure would be nice to
> > replace this FIVE-clicks to off and then another FIVE-clicks to back on
> > routine with a keyboard shortcut.
>
> I suggest that you install the 'PrefBar'. The loading of images, Flash(tm),
> java and javascript (and a whole lot more) can all be toggled with a check
> box near the top of your browser. You can customize the prefbar to only
> have the options listed that you want.
>
> http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions.

I have Firefox 1.0.7 and I notice that the suggested options apparently
only work with Firefox 1.5 and later. So, what I'm wondering now is if
there is any risk to installing the newer version of Firefox? I like the
way my current Firefox browser works and so I'm a bit hesitant to
replace it since I've had many bad experiences with "upgrading" to
newer versions of packages in the past.