Re: firefox configuration

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: firefox configuration
Am 26. Jul, 2006 schwätzte Josef Lowder so:

> I have been of the opinion that I do not want to install any plugins,
> especially Macromedia flash as it has been my understanding that
> this is something to avoid. Is that a misguided opinion? Seems to
> me that most of this "fancy" stuff is a nuisance.

flash has issues. Recently it's been used to save unwanted cookied and
deliver unwanted popups.

If you need flash you should install the Flashblock extension and only
allow flash when you want to.

See also the UnPlug extention for downloading and saving flash animations.

If you use both check the UnPlug option for working with Flashblock.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  ... make it clear I support "Free Software" and not "Open Source",
#  and don't imply I agree that there is such a thing as a
#  "Linux operating system". - rms