Re: firefox configuration

Author: Darrin Chandler
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: Re: firefox configuration - keystroke to toggle graphics on/off?
Subject: Re: firefox configuration
On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 01:11:24PM -0700, Josef Lowder wrote:

> When I go to certain websites, Firefox puts the following message
> at the top of the Firefox window:
>
> "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page."
> with a button on the right side that says: "Install Missing Plugins"
>
> How can I get rid of this message?
>
> I have been of the opinion that I do not want to install any plugins,
> especially Macromedia flash as it has been my understanding that
> this is something to avoid. Is that a misguided opinion? Seems to
> me that most of this "fancy" stuff is a nuisance.

The single most clicked thing on the web: "Skip Intro"

Anyway, I'm with you! Try this: type Craig's amazing "about:config" in
the address bar. Scroll down to "plugin.default_plugin_disabled" or type
the first bit into the "Filter" box. It should show with status
"default," type "boolean," and value "true." Double-click it to toggle
to false. Now try a page you know gave you the Install Missing Plugins
junk.

http://www.stilyagin.com/  |