VPS - SendMail Config

+ (text/html)
Author: keith smith
To: plug-discuss
Subject: VPS - SendMail Config

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your help. I was able to get the FTPD, HTTPD, and Named to function. I know I have a lot more to learn and a bunch more to do in configuring these.

I'm trying to configure sendmail 8.13 on Fedora Core 5. This is a VPS and I'm doing everything from the command line.

I've looked at the http://www.sendmail.org/tips/virtual-hosting.html however it raises more questions than it answers.

I added
        info
to the virtualusertable

and restarted sendmail.

I was unsure how to set the password for info - Do I need to create a group like mail and add a user info into the group. Then what only one info on the box?

All I want to do is create an email account and access it via Thunderbird or webmail. - no local user.

I would also like to add a port in addition to port 25 for smtp as an alternate.

Any help much appreciated,
Keith