Re: dbus-1 won't quit

Author: Edward Norton
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: dbus-1 won't quit
On 7/4/06, Siri Amrit Kaur <> wrote:
> There are two
> configuration files, at /etc/dbus-1/system and /etc/dbus-1/session. These are
> XML files that caution against changing their configuration directly. They
> say to create a "session-local" configuration file, and put any instruction
> in that, but they don't say HOW.

Well, I believe you are supposed to just copy the
/etc/dbus-1/session.conf to the same directory with the name
session-local.conf (or if the conf file you need is system.conf, copy
to system-local.conf), and then direct your changes to that file.

> What _exactly_ would this file need to contain?
> Would it need to be another XML file, or a text file?

It is done in XML, however, the man-page for dbus-daemon has a lot of
information on the parameters for the conf file, so it shouldn't be
too difficult to tweak. (See
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-daemon.1.html under
"Configuration File.")