CMS for family website?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: CMS for family website?
I will be putting up a website for my extended family. Because I don't
want the job of creating content, I want my parents and each of my
siblings to each have a section where they can add content, post photos
and so on; a sort of blog for each of them. I'd also like a calendar and
a wiki-like (anyone can edit a page) colaboration capability. The
colaboration capability can be separate from the family sections, if need
be.

I like Joomla! but experience with the PLUG community, a generally tech
savvy group, does not give me confidence it will be friendly enough. If
PLUGgers can't find how to submit new items, my non-techy family has no
hope!

Perhaps something like eGroupWare (http://www.egroupware.org) could be
adapted for this but that seems like overkill. Maybe by removing it's
extra components it would do well.

Anyway, I start this thread seeking input from the group. What CMS would
fit the above described use? If you have a family website, what does your
family use?

BTW, over the next days I'll be surfing through the
http://opensourcecms.org website looking for answers. But personal
experience is very valuable for narrowing the field.

Alan