Re: Debian or Ubuntu for a desktop box?

Author: Empty
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Debian or Ubuntu for a desktop box?
Mike Garfias wrote:
> A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away I used to run debian unstable (this
> is way before "testing").
>
> Then one day I did an update (this is also before apt-get), and the next thing
> I knew, I had a completely broken system.

All Debian releases have a codename from the Toy Story movies. At
present, old-stable is Woody, stable is Sarge, and testing is Etch. The
unstable release always has the *same* codename- Sid, the kid next door
that liked to break and mangle his toys. They make no secret abut the
fact that unstable will probably break at random intervals.

~Ben

--
---
"Confession only helps if you actually feel bad for your actions.