Re: Debian or Ubuntu for a desktop box?

Author: Mike Garfias
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Debian or Ubuntu for a desktop box?
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away I used to run debian unstable (this
is way before "testing").

Then one day I did an update (this is also before apt-get), and the next thing
I knew, I had a completely broken system.

They picked that day to roll the glibc2 packages out which completely
conflicted with everything on the box that was linked against libc5.

After that I didn't run unstable. I have run testing for long periods of time
with no problem. But cherry pick unstable packages if you need them.

Maybe I'm just dating myself here... I also haven't run a linux desktop in 4+
years. Take what I have to say with a grain of salt :)

Anthony Boynes spoke forth with the blessed manuscript: