ViewSonic VA2012wb

Author: Carl Parrish
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: Re: ViewSonic VA2012wb
Subject: ViewSonic VA2012wb
So I just got a ViewSonic VA2012wb from Costco (great price there)
It took me longer than I want to admit to get it working so I want to
post the important settings in /etc/X11/xorg.conf (at least in Fedora
Core 5), for the achives

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "VA2012wSERIE"
        DisplaySize  430        270
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
        HorizSync    30.0 - 94.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 75.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     16
                Modes    "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1680x1050" "1280x800"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

DisplaySize seems to be the key setting. I don't know how much setting
the others helped or not (since the monitor just didn't work at all
until the DisplaySize was set) however with these settings everything
seems to be working.