Re: Linux PDA's???

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Linux PDA's???
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Do any of the Zaurus, Palm Zire or Nokia PDAs have SMS and internet data
> capability?

The Zaurus SL-5000, SL-5500 and SL-5600 have a compact flash (CF) slot.
There are many supported wired or WiFi network adapters in the CF form
factor. Works fine for me at home though I have not tried it much at
free hot spots since I am not near them very often.

The GAIM client works fine on my Zaurus which I use to visit the #plugaz
IRC channel on occasion.

I know nothing of SMS support but if there is a FS/OSS application that
supports SMS that can be compiled to run on it, I assume it would work.
But, since I know nothing about it, I'm may just be spouting ignorance.

Alan