Re: OpenGroupWare

Author: Dan Lund
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OpenGroupWare
The main sticking point for me on it was the outlook integration.
The plugin essentially turns MAPI with NTLM auth into pop3 type
configuration. (username/pass)

I wish there was something out there that would just use the
credentials you already have, and auth with that. Of course I guess
the lack of sufficient documentation on the MAPI API sort of hinders
that.

--Dan

On 4/2/06, Mike <> wrote:
> Simon Chatfield wrote:
> > Has anyone used OpenGroupWare or OGo?
> > http://www.opengroupware.com/ I'm thinking of moving a
> > client over to it who has been wanting Exchange but
> > not the pricetag for a while.
> >
> > How does it work (ie, does it sit on top of a
> > sendmail/imap or replace it)? How stable/scalable is
> > it? Thanks for any opinions!
> >
> > -Simon
> >
> I've been meaning to set it up for years now just to find out how well
> it works. It doesn't replace your MTA or IMAP/POP daemon. It looks like
> its main mechanism is through webdav.
>
> http://www.opengroupware.org/en/devs/docs/OGoArchitecture.png
>
> If you do set it up, I would be interested in what you find out about it
> compared to things like Exchange, Groupwise or Domino.
>
> -Mike

" Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter
and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can
be all that you were intended to be. "

-Charles "Tremendous" Jones