Re: Re: fsck error message

Author: bmike101@cox.net
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Re: fsck error message
root@0[root]# fdisk -l /dev/hda
]
Disk /dev/hda: 41.1 GB, 41110142976 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 4998 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

   Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id
System
/dev/hda1               1         774     6217123+  83
Linux
/dev/hda3             775        2886    16964640   83
Linux
/dev/hda4            2887        4998    16964640   83
Linux
root@0[root]# ]

//

Where are these rc scripts that you would look trough and
would I just look for a reference to hda2? It could only
be the rc scripts if they are saved in somewhere other
than hda1 or 2 because I reinstalled the system meaning
that hda1 was formated and hda1&2 became hda1 (also
meaning that ayttm is broken again).

> From: Kenneth <>
> Date: 2006/03/26 Sun PM 12:30:34 PST
> To: Main PLUG discussion list

<>
> Subject: Re: fsck error message
>
> It certainly sounds like something remembers the old

setup. On Mandriva,
> there is a line in an rc script that runs fsck with the

-A option, which gets
> partition information from fstab. I'm not sure what else

would point to that
> partition. A different distro might do this a different

way.

> What is the output of "fdisk -l /dev/hda" ?
>
> If it were my system, I would look through the rc

scripts to see where and
> what causes it to want to check that partition. Sorry I

don't have any other
> suggestions.
>

> --- wrote:
>
> > I figured I would type it out so you would know what

it
> > is:
> >
> >     Checking filesystem
> >     fsck 1.35-WIP <gives date>
> >     fsck Invalid arguement while trying to open /dev
> >     /hda2
> >     /dev/hda2
> >     The superblocsk <could be corrupt it it is a valid
> >     filesystem> <run> e2fsck with alternate superblock
> >     e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

> > It seems to me that it is 'remembering' the setup when

MS
> > was hda1 and root was hda2. But I got rid of windows

and
> > joined the root partition and the MS partition.
> >
> > Does this help any?

plug-discuss

plug-discuss