Re: A Linux Cafe In Phoenix

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: A Linux Cafe In Phoenix
On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 21:29, Joshua Zeidner wrote:

> On 2/22/06, Craig White <> wrote:
>         On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 20:54 -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
>         > I would like to ask the local linux community: if someone
>         were to open
>         > a cafe like this in Phoenix:
>         >

I would go, but it probably wouldn't couldn't survive on the west side
where I live, so I wouldn't go often, unless I had a client nearby. :-(
As a community hangout near a major campus, it might work. But so many
people have broadband now, that the atmosphere would have to be as much
of a draw as the wireless access.
Another factor that would really help such a business, considering the
mostly male geek community, would be to make sure to hire some cute
college girls as barristas. You can call me a dirty old man, but there
are certain Starbucks that I like for that very reason. :-)