Re: A Linux Cafe In Phoenix

+ (text/html)
Author: Joshua Zeidner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: A Linux Cafe In Phoenix
On 2/22/06, Craig White <> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 20:54 -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> > I would like to ask the local linux community: if someone were to open
> > a cafe like this in Phoenix:
> >
> > http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/archives/2006/02/linuxcaffe-serv.html
> ----
> javageek - cool - probably could have neverending installfest
>
> PLUG could possibly supply Linux users a few hours a week for end user
> assistance.

There are certainly a lot of interesting business possibilities there.
You could house support staff for local biz and home users. Possibly some
kind of ISP/Web hosting solutions. Also hosting LUG type events. Just
providing general facilities to businesses and users without being too
imposing( a la Tech Incubator )... this cafe appears to have some kind of
membership system.

----