Re: <soupnazi> no fair use for you!

Author: Kevin Brown
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: <soupnazi> no fair use for you!
> Why don't we do what France is doing, just make P2P legal (as long as
> it's for personal use), and add extra taxes on CD writers and blank CDs.
> A real music artist wouldn't care if you were downloading/copying their
> albums. They should encourage it, it's getting their music out.
> Darn greedy record companies and the RIAA.
> Another day, another ton of hatred that builds up inside of me because
> of the RIAA...

There already is a blank disc tax on tapes and cds and probably DVDs.
One of the issues I've seen is that the company collecting it and the
various record companies don't distribute it any further than themselves
even though it was supposedly to pay the artists... I've got a better
idea. They can all go f&*k themselves. I'll keep my money and use it
for more interesting things (like books). Think I've added maybe two
movies to my collection in the last 6 months or so and I have almost
given up on movie theatres (See less than 1 movie every 2 - 3 months if
that).