Re: 1st Phoenix BSD User Group Meeting

Author: Darrin Chandler
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: 1st Phoenix BSD User Group Meeting
Randy Melder wrote:

> I know how this is going to sound, but all the local use groups:
> Linux, Java, Refresh, etc... They all call themselves Phoenix ______
> User Group. But NONE of them actually meet in Phoenix. Am I the only
> one that has noticed this?
>
> What is wrong with being the Tempe BSD User Group?
>
> Just curious.
>
> ;-)

Heh. I noticed that, too. For PhxBUG, the Plaid is a temporary meeting
place. We may very well end up meeting in Phoenix proper. "Phoenix Metro
Area ____ User Group" just doesn't sound good. "Phoenix and Surrounding
Areas ____ User Group" is even worse. "Tempe ____ User Group" is too
restrictive.

PLUG, at least, has East and West side meetings. Bonus points. :)

http://www.stilyagin.com/  |