Re: Linux Laptop

Author: Jeff Garland
To: cparrish, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Linux Laptop
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:00:40 -0700, Carl Parrish wrote
> Austin Godber wrote:
>
> >I have installed FC3 on a IBM T42. Getting the internal wireless
> >working was pretty simple. I think I found step by step instructions on
> >the web somewhere. It should be equally simple on FC4.
> >

> Thanks for responding. Yeah I'll be trying FC4 just because that's
> what I use. I hear a lot of newbies prefer KDE but I don't know it
> well enough to support it.

I've run a couple versions of Mandrake on an older Thinkpad (A21p) and used it
with a PCMCIA Dlink wireless card. Installed "out of the box", recognized all
the hardware, no tweaking required. I've also booted and used Knoppix on the
same pc -- anyway, I expect it will be fairly straightforward -- good luck :-)

Jeff