Re: monitor disposal

Author: shadow
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: monitor disposal
Mike,

> Anyone know how/where I can dispose of a dead monitor in the area?
>
> I'd rather not send it off, nor give it to someone here that'll dump it in the
> trash.

Check out Gold Circuit (http://www.goldcircuit.com/index1.html). They
have a warehouse in Chander near I-10 to test and refurbish hardware.
Any dead hardware is sent to a plant in Casa Grande where it will be
shredded and recycled into it's raw materials. They will accept any
computer equipment and working montiors for free, and will dispose of
dead monitors for $10 each. They have to charge for the monitors due to
cost of the heavy metal and lead processing.

--
Chris Lewis

"System Administrators are the Marines
of the business world. We are the first
into the fight ready at a moments notice
day or night."

Hell's Admins - Bourne to Code
http://www.hellsadmins.com