Re: swing / mysql / jdbc search question

+ (text/html)
Author: keith smith
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: swing / mysql / jdbc search question
Hi Judd,

The only jdbc/swing/mysql example I can find of a search does show a query that shows the user only the subset.

What I would like to do is a little more fluid. I would like to have the entire recordset available for the customer and allow then to do a search which moves the record pointer to the first match and returns control to the user who can move next or previous or perform another search.

FoxPro, m$-access, vbasic/ms-sql, and vbasic/jet allow the programmer to write code that moves the record pointer by doing a simple find or search. This allows the user full access to the entire recordset.

Any input is much appreciated

Thanks,
Keith