Re: How to fix /boot/grub/menu.lst - still

Author: joe
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to fix /boot/grub/menu.lst - still

Sorry for not reporting back more promptly.
Needed to spend a bit of evening time with my bride ;))
Regrettably, the 'mkinitrd initrd-win4lin ...' command
did not work (and I got called to dinner, so was not
able to report that result).

I had simultaneously sent an inquiry with all the details
to so I'll be checking with them first
thing in the morning and I certainly will report whatever
I eventually find to be the solution.

In fact, I definitely do plan to prepare a detailed "how-to"
covering all aspects of this installation as soon as I get
everything to work correctly.

At least, I can confirm that I have gotten Mandriva 2006
(the "free" version) installed on two systems, so I offer
this comment as encouragement to Mike, the other Plugger
currently inquiring about this. I wish I could offer
some help, but I have notes scattered all over dozens
of handwritten and printed pages as I've been working on
this for more than two weeks and still have a ways to go.
It just shouldn't be this difficult, but sadly, it seems
to be. Most of the obstacles turn out to be easy to fix,
but regrettably, I was unable to find a concise, complete,
step-by-step how-to that covered all (or even most) of
the bases. What a shame.

Joe