Re: cdrecord - was Re: dd anyone?

Author: Austin Godber
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: cdrecord - was Re: dd anyone?
Vaughn Treude wrote:
> I've been also having a bit of trouble making CD's on my Ubuntu system.
> The CD burner GUI that came with it works fine except that I can't
> figure out how to do an ISO with it. Of course the cdrecord tool
> doesn't work because it can't see the device. I may have to get this
> Gnome-Bake program.

Hi Vaughn,
    Did you read:
/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup
or the Debian README in the same directory?  These should help get you
going.

Also did you try specifying ATAPI when you do scanbus:
cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI:

This shows my IDE DVD burner just fine in Ubuntu install (5.04 I think).

Austin