Re: Favorite Dist (was Silent list?)

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Favorite Dist (was Silent list?)
On Wednesday 14 September 2005 09:46 am Simon Chatfield kindly wrote:
> I have run
> several flavors of linux over the years, but lately
> I'm just a fan of having things work and not having to
> fiddle with them. :)

I'm feeling more like that, too. I'm running Kanotix as my main
system. My favorite distro is Slackware, but the last iteration I
tried was uncharacteristically buggy on my box so I ended up with
Kanotix. Everything just worked. Using KDE but I have the Gnome
games, too. I NEED Iagno.

My sound works in Kanotix when I could never get it to work with
Mepis. I'm still more comfortable finding my way around a
Slackware-based distribution than I am in Debian, so I installed
Vector to see what it was like. It's great, but I already have
everything the way I like it in Kanotix, so haven't used it as much
as it deserves.

Some of these distros are getting so polished, and have such
thoughtful package selections... I'm really impressed.

Siri Amrit