WAP purchase recommendations?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: WAP purchase recommendations?
As you may have seen on the list, I bought a Sharp Zaurus SL-5600 as a
new PDA. Well, I have a wireless networking adapter coming now so I can
really use it. Except that I have no wireless access point.

My requirements are small. The adapter I got for the PDA is 802.11b
only so I don't need to get an 802.11g nor am I necessarily looking for
anything with super speed. I just need something with:

- - remote management from Linux (ie. web or perhaps SNMP [Know any
program to use for that?])
- - Basic security features like:
- -- WEP up to 128-bit (it's not completely useless)
- -- MAC address lockout
- -- SSID Broadcast control
- - DSL or cable routing not needed since I'll have it hanging on my
firewall
- - Inexpensive preferred
- - My entire property is about 65 feet by 65 feet with a interior wood
frame house so I don't expect signal problems that need a strong source
unless someone can tell me otherwise.

I have been reading the tables at Seattle Wireless
(http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/HardwareComparison) trying to
get a handle on what would be good compared to what is for sale on eBay
and elsewhere. As I research I certainly want to tap experience from
the group.

What would any of you recommend for a good, basic access point?

Alan