Re: Is anyone using Linux in a retail / POS setting here in …

Author: Eric Richardson
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Is anyone using Linux in a retail / POS setting here in town?
When I was looking at this a couple of years ago, it looked like JavaPOS
on Redhat had some traction. This is what IBM was developing for their
hardware when I looked into it. Many other vendors were supporting their
hardware on JavaPOS. The JavaPOS software /framework is Open Source - I
looked at the code, tried it out and made a small contribution.
Eric