Re: gThumbs thumbnails go away?

Author: Kevin
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: gThumbs thumbnails go away?
On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 18:25 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> My wife uses gThumb to organize here photos. (Nice program.)

Alan, thanks for mentioning this program. I just installed it and I am
amazed how well it works.

> Since then the thumbnails are not displayed.

I notice that gThumb registers with the Gnome2 Configuration System
(gconf). If you run `gconf-editor` you will see several settings under
apps-->gthumb. They are fairly self-explanatory. You might want to
verify that the application is actually writing the changes you make
back to gconf. For example, toggle the thumbnails and see what changes
in gconf, if anything.

You might also want to launch gThumb from the command line (non-root)
and see if it writes any errors on STDERR or STDOUT.

...Kevin