Re: This Saturdays InstallFest

Author: Alexander Henry
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: This Saturdays InstallFest

Just wanted to let everyone know that last Saturday's Installfest was a
huge success. 20-25 people showed up, and we had almost one-on-one
volunteer to helpee count. This despite the absence of several major past
star volunteers; others showed up to fill the gap.

While I was fixing someone's Ubuntu with a stubborn X setup, I managed to
fix the problem by using IRC on my own laptop to freenode.net #xorg. I
originally joined #plugaz, but by then, mid-afternoon, Alan and others who
may have known more about X had left. Then I said to myself, duh, and
joined #xorg. They pretty much solved the problem within seven IRC
messages between us both. I recommend anyone volunteering to help always
have another computer open to IRC freenode.net ready to plug in to an
appropriate channel. I announced I was at an installfest helping with an
install live, and asked my question. They were highly helpful and
flame-free for this.

Thanks all for coming.

--
Alexander