ip cop vs. linux box

+ (text/html)
Author: biggie smalls
To: plug-discuss
Subject: ip cop vs. linux box
thanks for the help....

i feel my 'spare' system is going to waste if i use it for ip cop (only). i have two drives....the smallest is 30g. the processor is 1.6 amd, 1 gig memory. my internet connection is 5 meg down via cox cable.

i dont feel the install / config of ip cop is too much of a stretch, but what i am wondering is would i get more utility out of building a linux box instead. my thought is it would accomplish the same task of firewall while at the same time providing me an opportunity to learn more about linux, and i could still use the pc for backups....or something.

regards,

james

Yahoo! Sports