suse linux and firewall

+ (text/html)
Author: biggie smalls
To: plug-discuss
Subject: suse linux and firewall
Hello Plug,

I am hoping to attend the install fest this weekend. I have a handful of years experience in IT, but no experience with Linux. I fried my router so I started looking at options. I was thinking of using an old pc to install ip-cop, but on second thought I decided maybe a Linux box for a firewall would be more useful. I used to work on Novell servers, so I am interested in the new developments between Novell and SUSE. With that in mind, I am hoping to find someone who could help me set up a SUSE distro Linux box which will act as a firewall for my home office.

I am using limewire and azureus (bit torrent) and would like to use these applications behind a linux firewall. I could always buy a new router, but what's the fun in that?

Please let me know if this sounds like something an install fest volunteer would be willing to consider.

Regards,

James