Re: PLUGers Location Information

Author: Alexander Henry
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: PLUGers Location Information
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:38:42 -0700, Kevin Brown <>
wrote:

> Readded the mapkey, but I suck at css, so layout currently covers up my
> page counter at the bottom (map got stuck over it).

Read Siri and my banter in Web Development Software thread here. :)

Kill all the position: top: and left: rules. Don't ask them if they need
killing. Just kill them all.

div {
padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
border-width: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
} /* and keep them this way unless you are inside another div, and an
inner-most div, and have no choice. */

#menu should be {
float: left;
width:100px;
}

enclose #mapkey and #mapcontainer in another div, call it #rightcol {
float: left;
width: 700px;
}

Give #mapkey, and #mapcontainer the rules {
float: left;
clear: both;
width: 100%;
}

For added flare, you should be able to get rid of that table with float,
clear, and width rules as well. Something like:

#mapkey {
float: left;
clear: both;
border: 2px solid #ddd;
}
#mapkey h1 { /* for the legend header */
float: left;
clear: both;
align: center;
margin: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
}
#mapkey img {
float: left;
width: 20px;
margin: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
}
#mapkey p { /* for each legend element description */
float: left;
width: 100px;
margin: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px;