Re: Webpage development software?

Author: Don Calfa
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Webpage development software?
Another way to get the HTML side down (at least it has workd for me) is
the W3C validator. I use the Firefox Extension 'Checky'. After a couple
of site builds with errors, complient code becomes second nature.

CSS is great but different browsers do display differently with IE being
the most PITA.
I code on Linux and use Firefox/Mozilla for most tests. Opera and
FF/Moz is pretty much the same across all OS'es. Konqurer displays
pretty much like Safari (althoug I do have a Mac and test with Safari)
I have a hard time testing against IE so I have to visit the in-laws to
do that.
I do have access to a Win2K server but IE6 on Win2K renders different
that IE6 on WinXP. I wish MS would sell the $50 lite windows version
here in the states.

I use this in most of my CSS (tables, rarely-used, are used for
corporate data)
body { margin: 0px;}
img { border: 0px;} /* for images that are links */
table, td {padding: 0px;border-spacing: 0px;border-collapse:collapse;}
/* If tables are used */