Re: How to compress large .jpeg images?

Author: Jared Anderson
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How to compress large .jpeg images?
There are a few things you can try:

Cropping / Scaling the image and X / Y resolution. This is done w/ the image ->
Scale Image dialog. Likely, if the images are 1-2 MB is size, they are at an extreme
resolution.

Compressing the image can be found in the 'Save As' dialog box:
(File -> Save As -> _Select Location & File Name_ -> Quality Slider)
Checking the box for 'Show image in preview window' will show the filesize relative
to the quality level selected.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 10:41:32 -0700, Siri Amrit Kaur pushed these keyboard buttons:
>The title is pretty self-explanatory, I guess. I have a bunch of .jpeg
>pictures that are from 1-2 MB in size. I need to compress them for fast
>helluva time understanding the GIMP and I've been googling for hours on this.
>
>Can someone please give me a simple step-by-step for this? Thanks!
>
>Siri Amrit

my$.02