Re: lpt2 without a real lpt2 card installed

+ (text/html)
+ mshadel.vcf (application/octet-stream)
Author: slegge@govliquidation.com
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: lpt2 without a real lpt2 card installed
Any more details? try 'rm -rf /dev/lp1' first I am not sure what distro
but some make ALLLLLL devices you could ever imagine (ie. hdm). then you
want to 'ln -s /dev/lp0 /dev/lp1'
also please post any log information if there is any. Another thing you
might look into is device mapping in the emu app (in WINE for example) I
know you can pick what dos named devices go to what unix device something
like COM1 = /dev/cua3 or whatever. I am not familiar with the one you are
using.

-Scott

Michael Shadel <>
Sent by:
05/25/2005 03:42 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject

JD Austin wrote:

> wrote:
>

>> symlink the real device to the device its printing to.
>>

>> -Scott
>>
> After hearing his explaination I was going to say the same.
> Be sure to chmod it the same as the original device 777.
>
> JD
>

>> I have a dos program running under dosemu, it has hundred of reports
>> that print to lpt2. dosemu will redirect a port to a network printer.

It
>> has an lpt1 port and my program will print to the network printer if I
>> send it to lpt1. I have my reasons but I do not want to change all the
>> reports to print to lpt1 and I do not want to install lpt2 cards in all
>> of the desktops. I also believe I could print to a file and run a
>> spooler, but again I would have to change all of the report to print to
>> a file instead of lpt2.
>>

>--
>JD Austin
>Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC
>email:
>http://www.twingeckos.com
>phone/fax: 480.288.8195

I used the command
    ln -S /dev/lp0 /dev/lp1
this does not make any difference, any other suggestions
thanks Michael