CentOS Cisco to XP Remote Workstation

Author: Victor Odhner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: CentOS Cisco to XP Remote Workstation
There was some discussion of installing that
Cisco client. A friend at work did that, and
has no MS stuff at home, but has lost the info
to do the install. I can get some help from
the techs at work, but if someone can give me
the basic links or keywords to learn this
procedure I would be grateful.

Joseph Sinclair wrote:
> Actually, you can use the Cisco VPN client on
> GNU/Linux to tunnel in and access your XP remote
> desktop as well, thus further reducing the need
> to run that "other" O/S, at least at home.

Joseph, that potentially could keep me out of
Windows for weeks on end! But is XP Remote
Desktop a pixel-transfer protocol, or does it
need MS objects on the local workstation end?
I have been extremely impressed with the rapid
response on Remote Desktop, it really is "the
next best thing to being there".

My need for Remote Desktop is mainly to use
Outlook, on which we rely heavily -- meeting
invitations, etc., and some large folders that
I keep locally on the PC at work. I also need
it because I have not figured out how to serve a
remote system with Cygwin's X server, but that
should not be a problem when my desktop is
running Linux.

Thanks,

Vic