Re: Eastside Meeting Topic Question

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Eastside Meeting Topic Question
Am 20. May, 2005 schwätzte Joseph Sinclair so:

>     Is there any interest in a short presentation on GPG/PGP?  I've noticed some confusion lately (not on the list) regarding what P2P digital identity is, how the "Web ot Trust" works, how to distribute public keys, how private keys work, etc...
> I thought it might be helpful to the group if someone gave a short overview of how GPG/PGP identities work, how the keys work, key signatures, etc.. then provided a very short demo of creating a key, signing it with an existing key, signing a message, encrypting a message, then decrypting the message and verifying the signature.

It's been a while since we've had a GnuPG presentation, so it would be
fantabulous.

Hmmm, do I detect a key-signing party? We should be encouraging those at
every meeting. They seem a natural thing for the GNU/Linux Stammtisch as
well.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Stell dir vor, es ist Krieg und keiner geht hin...