RE: Eastside Meeting Topic Question

Author: Wagner, Steven G
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: Eastside Meeting Topic Question
I'm definitely interested.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Joseph
Sinclair
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 11:03 PM
Subject: Eastside Meeting Topic Question

To the Group,
    Is there any interest in a short presentation on GPG/PGP?  I've noticed some confusion lately (not on the list) regarding what P2P digital identity is, how the "Web ot Trust" works, how to distribute public keys, how private keys work, etc...
I thought it might be helpful to the group if someone gave a short overview of how GPG/PGP identities work, how the keys work, key signatures, etc.. then provided a very short demo of creating a key, signing it with an existing key, signing a message, encrypting a message, then decrypting the message and verifying the signature.

If nobody better qualified is willing to present I could do it (perhaps 20-30 minutes). Does anyone think this is a good/useful topic?

==Joseph++