Re: CVS server for work: Setup and Security

Author: Brian Tafoya
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: CVS server for work: Setup and Security
CVS with Tortoise is a perfect match and works well with SSH. TortoiseCVS supports internally SSH, or via ext the use of Putty allowing you to use public/private keys for authentication. Using CVS is SSH is in my mind the easiest approach as the permissions are all controlled via groups, and pserver is not needed.

A Google search will turn up tons of resources but here is one I have used:
http://owen.sj.ca.us/rkowen/howto/cvs.html

I have been using CVS under Linux since 1998 and extremely happy with it!

Brian Tafoya
briantafoya.com