Re: OT: OT posts

Author: Jim
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: OT posts
On Tue, 10 May 2005, Technomage wrote:

> as for the OT stuff, eventually it comes back around to linux (in some form or
> another) or gets to be related to it in some way.
>
> now, about bad drivers and even worse traffic light settings: would it have
> not been easier to have every traffic light networked through a linux server
> network? would have made changing traffic control a snap instead of the
> current system which will cost some $30 billion to upgrade and change over
> the next 10 years? <how's that for bring an ot subject back on topic?>

Of course the people in government could save a ton of money by using
linux instead of the latest bugware from the evil empire (not Moscow, the
one in Redmond). Then again, when was the last time government bureaucrats
ever cared about saving tax money?

Isn't it strange that they are the ones in bed with Bill and we get
screwed?