Re: lock symbolic link in firefox profile

Author: Jason Spatafore
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: lock symbolic link in firefox profile
On Tuesday 03 May 2005 23:36, Tom Jones wrote:
> IIRC, the flashing red means that the file the link is pointing to no
> longer exists.

I had a problem with my browser once with such a lock. In this case, I don't
believe it was broken link but a locked file. You can forcefully remove it
but it will probably return when you re-open firefox. It has to do with the
user profiles and, most-likely, is the default profile lock. (So you don't
have to select a profile every time you open firefox.)

I deleted mine and it came back after I opened firefox. So, hope that gives
some explanation.

--
Sincerely,

Jason Spatafore