Re: OT: Civil Disobedience and Jury Nullification (was Re: D…

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: Civil Disobedience and Jury Nullification (was Re: DVD Movies on Ubunto)
On Monday 02 May 2005 05:35 pm, Mike Garfias wrote:
> The whole point of jury nullification, is that ultimately the power resides
> with the people. Even if the legislature passes bad laws, and the
> executive enforces them, the power remains with the people to n ullify
> those laws.
>
> I think its a wonderful thing.

Yes! This is exactly what I was taught in Social Studies, back in the days
before we had a Dept of Education and Federal Funding for public schools. Not
that the Dept of Education prohibits schools from teaching this, just that
SINCE we got a Dept of Education, schools have become increasingly incapable
of teaching ANYTHING.

Siri Amrit