RE: External CD-ROM at Installfest

Author: Dorian A. Monroe, II
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: External CD-ROM at Installfest
Depending on the distro, it may be easier to find a PCMCIA NIC (3c574,
3c575,etc) and do a network install. Possibly easier than finding an
external cdrom drive that'll work without needing any additional drivers or
configuration, anyhow. Just suggesting the 3com variety because they're
very common and have been around for quite a long time, so they should be
supported by almost any network install. I'm sure your wireless card would
work just fine, but for an initial install it may be easier to use something
tried and true. :)