CEntOS (was: Re: frys $200 box and m$?)

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: plug-discuss
Subject: CEntOS (was: Re: frys $200 box and m$?)
Daniel P. Stasinski wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 21:19 -0700, Jim wrote:
>
>>What are the specs on one of these boxes?
>

> Mine came with 1.6ghz Athlon, 40 gig drive, 128 mb DDR, ethernet, 56k
> modem, cheap speakers and Linspire. I replaced Linspire with CentOs and
> am using it as a multi-purpose home server. For the price and
> expectations, I'm pretty impressed with it.
>
> Daniel

Speaking of Centos (www.centos.org), how do you like it?

There were many copies of it at the ASU IF, and no one seemed to know
anything about it. I should have gone online to find out. It appears to
be an unbranded version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (Red Hat being the
"Prominent North American Enterprise Linux Vendor"). I'm guessing that
it's best used as a server, and less desirable as a workstation. Yes?

--
-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;