Re: When is it not okay to delete cache files?

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: When is it not okay to delete cache files?
Josef Lowder wrote:
> I use cdrecord from the command line to burn a cd backup
> of all of my home directory files, and when I do that, the
> process displays a long list of files with the message:
>
>     "Using CACHEnnnn.ZZZ for /home/joe/....... "

> A long list of numbers appears instead of "nnnn.ZZZ" and
> corresponding "cache" filenames appear instead of "......."
> in the above example.
>
> Most of these filenames appear in "dot" (.) subdirectories and
> many have dates a year or two old.
>
> Is there any reason why any of these files cannot be deleted
> off my system?

I don't know, Joe, but I'd like to learn a bit more about the process.

What is the exact cdrecord command you use?

I have created backups using mkisofs, burned the iso image. Are you
skipping the mkisofs step, or does cdrecord handle that for you?

--
-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;