Re: Copyright, DRM and the whole mess of $@% was Re: Shockwa…

+ (text/html)
Author: FoulDragon@aol.com
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Copyright, DRM and the whole mess of $@% was Re: Shockwave on Linux
In a message dated 22.Apr.05 01:02:44 US Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

Locks are their to keep honest people honest. Dishonest, and determined
people
will always find a way

[Slaps mailer]

Locks can be abused, just as lockpicks.

Imagine a landlord who placed a lock on your apartment pantry,so he can
charge $1 every time it was opened.

drm systems tend to err on the side of the right holder. They therefore
block applications allowed by law or doctrine.

Moreover, they tend to be applied to get concessions otherwhise not given
them in law. Nowhere in the law does it say that I need to register my ownership
of a copy of a work, however many drm schemes require it (win xp anyone?)

Honest men go dishonest when it's necessary to get things done.