Re: PLUG website DNS issues

Author: Patrick Fleming, EA
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: PLUG website DNS issues

Joseph Sinclair wrote:

| The most significant items are that the
| problem seems to have started at roughly the same time they announced
| their new "Service", and it's consistent from any given address (a
| trashed router would generally be inconsistent).

My former ISP (heavy emphasis on the former) had router problems toward
the end of last year. Some days you could only access sites running on
their wire from their wire, some days they had it so only the outside
world could access the sites.
Never a good sign when the routers suddenly drop their configurations or
the configurations suddenly become corrupted. Granted it happens, but
this appears to be either over agressive or incompetent. If they really
are filtering there should be something getting through.