Re: Shockwave on Linux

Author: Kurt Granroth
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Shockwave on Linux
On Monday 18 April 2005 11:45 am, Jared Anderson wrote:
> >So to cut to the chase - has anyone gotten Shockwave working under
> >Linux?
>
> I have, but, unfortunately, with commercial software only: cross-over
> office. It is a major resource hog and I would love to be rid of it if a
> better solution exists.
>
> Shockwave is the only reason I still have a Windows box (3 kids +
> Nickjr.com/CartoonNetwork.com/etc...)

Same here. I went the CrossOver route for Shockwave at first but discovered
that Macromedia Flash (plain Flash) wouldn't work, then. In my case, I could
get EITHER Flash OR Shockwave to work but not both. So I stuck with Flash
and installed Windows as a dual-boot option for those times when my kid wants
to do Shockwave games (or CD based games).