Re: VMWare

Author: Jason Hayes - HHC
To: PLUG
Subject: Re: VMWare
On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 21:06 -0700, Dennis Kibbe wrote:
> wrote:
>
> >Any one know how I can get a discount on VM ware? LUG? Educational? Referal? etc?
> >
> >I need a copy and I am starving student :)

<<snipped>>
> Bryan,
>
> You might try using your clout as Grand Poobah[1] of the ASULUG to ask
> VMware for a deal or. . .
>
> Have you checked out QEMU?
>
> Dennisk

<snipped>>

Failing that, you might look at the latest release from Win4Lin.

An excerpt from one of their recent mailouts.

"Great news! Due to the overwhelming demand for Win4Lin Pro 1.0,
the special pricing offer of $99.99 has been extended two weeks
until April 15th, after that, Win4Lin Pro will be priced at $139.99.

** Coming in late-April **
Win4Lin Pro 1.1 with many updates and enhancements including full
support for Windows XP. Buy now and you'll be eligible for a free
upgrade to Win4Lin Pro 1.1 as soon as it's released.

Win4Lin Pro currently delivers the Windows 2000 Operating System
and Windows 2000 applications on Linux, as well as early support
for Windows XP.

To immediately take advantage of this offer, please visit
http://www.win4lin.com/buy/ ."

I am also pretty sure that the Calgary LUG was supported by Win4Lin (how
I don't know, I just remember that the executive had noted they had
help/sponsorship from Win4Lin).

Since many people were holding off on using Win4Lin because of a lack of
Win2K and XP support, this may help change their minds.
--
Jason Hayes - Principal
Hayes Holdings Consulting