Preview before cookie feature

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Preview before cookie feature
Browsing the internet I use Firefox and before that Mozilla. These
browsers provide very good control over cookies. I always set mine to
ask if I want to allow a cookie. This both alerts me when a site uses
cookies and allows control at the time the cookie is placed. This is all
good.

The problem is, when going to a URL that I have not ever visited, I
sometimes do not know if the site is really where I want to go. Like
when you end up on some domain name sellers site instead of the intended
destination. But, before I find out if the site is what I want, ie.
before the browser has even started displaying the page, the question
about accepting a cookie pops up. So, without knowing what the page
really contains I must choose what to do with the cookie.

What I would like is the option to reject or accept the cookie after I
have seen the site. If the browser could respond to the cookie placement
directive just enough to render the site, then ask me if I want to keep
the cookie, that would be great.

Does anyone know of a browser or add-on that will do this?

Alan