Re: CPU overheating -- hangs

Author: JD
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: CPU overheating -- hangs
Simon Chatfield wrote:

>With towers and to some extent rack servers, I'd have
>no issue doing this, however, I fear laptops.
>
>On a side note, (should I do this) is there a vendor
>in town certified with Fujitsu and Toshiba laptop
>repair?

Ah! I missed that it's a laptop!
You might try checking on the net for utilities that control the fan.
I've never had that type of laptop, but I did once have a Dell Latitude
that just didn't turn on the fan when it was supposed to.
It would get extremely hot and shutdown like yours does. After
installing a utility that monitored the CPU and turned on the fan
the problem went away. You may be able to go into the bios and set it
there also.

JD